Hot or Not: Normcore


Images via Pinterest

Make no mistake, as easy as the normcore trend appears to be, it is pretty hard to catch the essence in a single explanation.
In the first place, the term doesn't only apply on fashion, it is a complete lifestyle. But, since we're mainly talking fashion in this section of my blog, I'm gonna stick with just that.
Normcore is all about dressing down. Choosing basic and comfort over aesthetics. Slides over high heels. Mom jeans over skinnies. In short: not trying too hard. It's the simplicity that prevails. As I am a fan of simplicity, I do feel some connection to this trend. I wouldn't play completely by the rules though (no way I'm copying Barack Obama's day off look!) , but I'm sure I will integrate a thing or two in my wardrobe. In fact, I already have! What about you, would you give this trend the green light? 



4 comments:

  1. Definitely hot!
    XO
    Jeanne
    http://fashionmusingsdiary.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not. I love dressing up and wearing skinnies and heels.

    http://not-so-new-york.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love it. I feel like I've been waiting all my life to be able to wear Nike sandals and call it fashion forward.

    ReplyDelete

FOLLOW

@STYLEBYJULES